Swing Bed Program
Bridgton Hospital "Swing Bed Program" Helps Patients with Transition Home
The Bridgton Hospital Swing Bed Program was created to help inpatients as they transition from acute care for an illness or surgery to returning home.
Often assistance is needed during recovery, before you are able to care for yourself at home. The Swing Bed Program is a specialized, individualized program of care.
Each patient's needs are evaluated. From there, a healthcare team that may include physicians, nurses, therapists, dietitians, case managers and social workers will work with you on health goals.
When goals are met, you may then be discharged to your home or to another facility for longer rehabilitation.
You may decide to stay at Bridgton Hospital for rehabilitation. We offer:
- Private rooms with cable TV, telephone, and free internet access
- Case Management to assist you in locating resources and prepare you for discharge.
- Physicians on-site 24 hours/day
- RN care 24 hours/day
- Comprehensive rehabilitation services
- Lab, X-ray, pharmacy and other services
Swing Bed care is often covered by Medicare, Medicaid, and many private insurance companies.
For more information about the Swing Bed Program, call 207-647-6149 or 647-6053.