The Prescription Assistance Program
This program serves as a patient advocate to assist eligible
patients in receiving prescription medications
through manufacturer sponsored programs.
Not all medications have programs. If we
cannot obtain medications for you, we will
refer you to other available resources.
Our staff will apply for free or very low
cost prescription drugs obtained directly
from pharmaceutical companies or
their representatives on your behalf.
Approximately 1,500 brand name
prescription medications are available
through pharmaceutical company assistance
Eligibility is based on household income,
medical expenses, and liquid assets.
General Guidelines for Drug
Frequently Asked Questions
- You must be a legal resident of the
- You must not have any outside prescription
drug coverage including but not limited to:
- Mainecare (Medicaid)
- Veterans Administration Benefits
- Private insurance
- The average Medicare acceptable monthly
household income guidelines are
(at or below):
- $798-$1,595 for one person
- $1,069-$2,138 for two people
- You will need the prescription for long
- Most name brand medications have
programs for assistance
- Your primary care provider must have
privileges at the Bridgton Hospital.
- You will need LIS denial if on Medicare Part D
- Applications can take 4 to 8 weeks from the
time your application is completed until the
time you receive medications from the
- Applications are subject to physician
signature before submission to the
pharmaceutical company. Your doctor
must agree to participate.
- Not all prescription drugs are available.
- The program does not distribute or dispense
medications. Medications will be delivered
directly to your physician's office.
- The program does not assist with the
purchase of medication from a retail
- In some instances programs may have a
reduced fee for medication.
- Medication is not guaranteed through
the medication assistance program.
Pharmaceutical companies reserve the
right to change or discontinue their
assistance programs at any time.
Community Health Connection
- Applications are available from our
Prescription Assistance Office, located at
10 Hospital Drive, Bridgton, Maine or by
calling (207) 647-6048
- Proof of income and health insurance
coverage must be submitted along with
- Applications can be delayed if proper
documentation is not received with your
- Patients will be notified of what programs
they are eligible for and which medications
are available through the pharmaceutical
Bridgton Hospital Prescription
Please call: (207) 647-6048
Fax: (207) 647-6010